The last goodbye....we promise!
Yup, this is it. The visa is almost complete, we actually have a flight, and althought the bags are not packed, we really are going this time. Leaving from Newark on the 13th at 11:15 PM and arriving on the 15th at 1:15 PM. Short flight. I emailed my office with the information about our arrival and they sent me my agena for the next couple weeks. Looks like I will get to rest the day we arrive, but the 16th I am flying to Medan (on the island of Sumatra) for an "emergency visit" to the Medan school. Your guess is as good as mine, although I have yet to see an emergency visit that is good news. I just hope they do not expect me to talk too much. Clearly these people have not met sleep deprived Haviva. Howie will be tasked with the job of finding us a place to live, although they were gracious enough to give me next Saturday off to check out some places....and catch up on some sleep.
For all of those who recommended we see Borat we go, it is on the agenda for Wednesday night. Sharon is firing up the grill and there are just a couple more goodbye for nows to go.
Freaking out a little. (okay, maybe a lot.) Excited, nervous, wondering what the heck we have gotten ourselves into and hoping I will be dressed right for my first business trip.
Next entry from somewhere that is not Hamden!

1 comment:
all right, listen up... if you're going to blog, you need to BLOG, give us some updates... i know you're there in jaka-indo whatever... tell us about it. I mean really, Howie, what are you doing thats so important that you can't update your blog? Has the heat gotten to you already? Or are you just too busy doing silly things like trying to find somewhere to live?
Post a Comment