Friday, August 31, 2007

Busy, Busy

We've both been very busy at work and haven't had a moment to spare. We spent a great weekend last week at the same beach house we've been frequenting, Pelabuhan Ratu for those who are keeping up, as a going away party for one of our friends who is headed back to the States. It was the most relaxing weekend there yet - we never even left the house this time except to walk down to the beach, which I am not sure counts. Someone else made the fish market run and the ocean and beach were just way too inviting to go anywhere else. It was delightful, but of course went by too quickly. We're hoping for some downtime soon, but it does not look like that will happen for a few weeks...

We're off to climb a volcano this weekend, but I thought I'd throw a video from my morning commute by ojek (motorcycle taxi) to work online first. It's not so thrilling and kind of looks like a video game because I sped the video up to make my 15 minute commute 3 and a half minutes. I take a taxi most days - they are the same price, about $1.50, but the ojek gets you there in half the time. The catch is that you have to suck in bus fumes and risk life and limb.

(Just noticed that the quality is really bad. I have a better copy and will upload it next week, so feel free to ignore it for now.)


1 comment:

mom and abba said...

what a wonderful blog . haviva you were always jealous that you were not in our israel pictures when we were there in the 70's . guess we are even now..thepictuers from your last trip make our mouths water . looks great . mom and abba