Half the boat was surfers, so the plan was to spend half the daylight hours surfing and half snorkeling. There was also some snorkeling near the surf spots so after the wonder of watching the surfers wore off, there were cool fish to look at. In case you do not know anything about surfing, I learned there is a lot of waiting involved. The perfect wave does not come as often as one might think.
Howie chose to spend most of the surf time as the official surf photographer - flopping around in his mask and flippers and snapping the surfers (with someone else's waterproof camera) as they tried to avoid him. I snorkeled and although I really wanted to surf, there was a bit more reef than I was comfortable with so I will wait again until Bali where the only thing you need to avoid is other people...
We ended up sailing to Krakatoa again on the second day since from the surf spot you could hear the booms - it was just too tempting to those who had not seen it before. I have to admit, the first time was much more amazing for me, but sailing in after dark and eating dinner beside the bubbling and glowing volcano was pretty freaking cool.
Overall it was a great weekend. We saw some amazing fish and beautiful reef and the luxury of the boat with good friends and good food was quite a pleasure.
Howie chose to spend most of the surf time as the official surf photographer - flopping around in his mask and flippers and snapping the surfers (with someone else's waterproof camera) as they tried to avoid him. I snorkeled and although I really wanted to surf, there was a bit more reef than I was comfortable with so I will wait again until Bali where the only thing you need to avoid is other people...
We ended up sailing to Krakatoa again on the second day since from the surf spot you could hear the booms - it was just too tempting to those who had not seen it before. I have to admit, the first time was much more amazing for me, but sailing in after dark and eating dinner beside the bubbling and glowing volcano was pretty freaking cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment