Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Eating Habits

I know we do not usually use the blog for this sort of thing, but this article is appealing to me on so many levels I had to pass it on to all of you: http://www.slate.com/id/2175569/nav/ais/

It seems all the adventurous eating we have done on our travels may have in fact gained us a few extra years. Of course, I suppose, one could add the smog and pollution into the equation, and take a few years off, and maybe say we have just evened ourselves out, but all in all the argument that, "eh a little poo will not kill you" seems to be true, at least for us hearty people living in the developing world...And it certainly has made the travels much more fun. Read until the end, the last paragraph about Cholent is particularly amusing.

We head out tomorrow to Manado, on the island of Sulawesi, for more eating adventures. We are not hoping for poo in our food, but fear it a little bit less now.

No comments: