Norman is happily housed on the porch, enjoying the natural surroundings he once knew. Despite Howie thinking Norman is now an indoor snail, I am happy to report he has been out of his shell and happily nibbling away at sweet potato and carrot since his return. Sadly he will not be rejoined with Ernie and Bert – Drew, who took them begrudgingly when we left, has built them a veritable turtle Taj Mahal and has no intention of sending them back our way. We do happily have visitation rights though.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
The Return of Everyone's Favorite Mollusk
The stars have aligned and, much to our joy, Norman has returned to us. I went to the Learning Farm to do an interview the other week for an organic food article I am writing and Jiway, the director of the farm asked if, since we were back, we would like Norman. Turns out the
woman who was taking the best care of Norm left the farm and Jiway was concerned that the little guy was not getting the attention he needed. How could I say no to that?? So, much to the shock of the office, I came home from my interview with a snail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment