Sunday, December 10, 2006

What do I do when Haviva's not here? Good Question.

Haviva's been out of town since Thursday at a conference, so I've been filling my time with Ultimate Frisbee and wandering aimlessly. The Ultimate Frisbee 'club' plays for a couple of hours on Thursday nights and Sunday afternoons. It's made up of about 20 or 30 expats and a few locals, of which about 10 or 12 show up each time to play. Good fun and really good exercise. Thursday nights are nice but two hours in the sun on Sundays is pretty rough.

Today we followed the two hour game up with an hour or so at a local school playing with the kids. Some of the people I play with have started going around to a bunch of the schools as a way for the kids to meet Westerners in a way other than yelling "Hello Mister" to us from across the street. It's a lot of fun. Unfortunately Haviva has the camera with her, so I don't have any pictures, but you can see some at the Klub Frisbee blog.

In between playing frisbee I've done some good wandering around the city. No photo evidence to prove it, but I made it up to the North of the city where the harbor is. Quite interesting. I'll take Haviva there when she gets back and we'll take some pictures.

Anyway, Haviva's back in town Monday for a couple of days - then she's off again. I'm making a little progress on the job front. If nothing else I should be able to pick up some English classes as I'm meeting with a school director this week.

Next post should be Haviva telling us about her weekend at a beach resort with EF staff from all over the world...

No comments: